Post Bariatric Procedures
For patients that have had bariatric surgery, and for those that have lost a considerable amount of weight through non-surgical means, post bariatric plastic surgery can provide significant cosmetic and functional benefits.
- Surgery after Weight Loss: For post bariatric surgery patients, plastic surgery can be very helpful in reducing the secondary cosmetic problems that can occur from the development of skin and soft tissues laxity.
- Abdominoplasty: An abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck as it is commonly referred to, can create a dramatically improved look to the abdominal area after bariatric surgery has occurred.
- Lower Body Lift: A Lower Body Lift is a post bariatric procedure designed to remove the excess skin and fat around the bikini line while lifting the soft tissues of the buttocks and thighs. It includes all of the benefits of an abdominoplasty.
- Arm Lift: As a result of aging and gravity, the soft tissues of the upper arm can become redundant. After bariatric surgery has been performed, this redundancy can become even more pronounced. An arm lift, or brachioplasty, removes the excess skin and soft tissue to create an improved contour to the upper arm.
- Breast Lift: After bariatric surgery some patients may experience ptosis, or sagging in their breasts. A breast lift, or mastopexy, can help improve the shape and position of breasts after this procedure.
- Thigh Lift: The skin around the thighs is often thinner and has less elasticity than other areas of the body. As a result, this area of the body often becomes lax and sags after significant weight loss. A thigh lift helps address this problem area by removing excess skin and improving the contour of the thigh.
- Testimonials: Read testimonials from patients of Dr. Shuster.
- Media: Dr. Shuster has written several articles to benefit the bariatric community. These articles have been featured in a number of publications including OH magazine. Visit the media section to read these articles.