While having children is one of the most rewarding experiences in a woman’s life, pregnancy and childbirth can present significant changes to the body. Dr. Shuster understands this, and can help you restore your body. Sometimes even improving your figure beyond what it looked like before having children.
The Dr. Shuster Approach
Serving Fort Lauderdale, Miami and South Florida
Dr. Shuster relies on his 20 years of surgical experience to rejuvenate and revitalize a mother’s body through a single transformative procedure, the mommy makeover. During your consultation, he will spend time to fully understand your anatomy and personal needs. He will then design the most appropriate treatment approach to help you reach your goals.
A Mommy Makeover Encompasses a Variety of Procedures to Correct the Effects of Pregnancy on the Body
Mommy makeovers can include any or all of the following procedures:
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
- Breast augmentation
- Breast lift (mastopexy)
Of course, not every woman has the same areas of concern, so Dr. Shuster tailors the procedure to be specific to each individual patient. In all cases, safety is Dr. Shuster’s first concern, which is why he performs all of his surgeries in the hospital with a team who has worked with him for many years.
A mommy makeover produces dramatic results for women who have suffered lasting effects on their bodies after childbirth. Pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding often leave women with sagging, deflated breasts as well as loose skin and protruding abdominal muscles. A mommy makeover can address all of these concerns at once, leaving you with a flatter stomach, fuller breasts, and better body image.
If you would like a consultation for a mommy makeover with Dr. Shuster, we invite you to call our office. We serve patients in Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, and other nearby areas of South Florida. For patients who do not live in the South Florida area, we can accommodate you with a remote virtual consultation.
“Doctor Shuster and all his staff are wonderful, so warming and welcoming. They truly make you feel great from the first day to the day of surgery even after surgery. Doctor Shuster is the best plastic surgeon.”
A Few Facts about the Mommy Makeover
- Shuster performs mommy makeovers at Memorial Regional Hospital South.
- The procedure typically includes a breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck, and liposuction. However, it will be personalized to each woman’s goals and current state.
- Recovery from a mommy makeover is gradual and can take 3 to 6 weeks.
The Dr. Shuster Difference
Dr. Shuster is a third-generation, board-certified plastic surgeon. His expertise, attention to detail, and patient-centered approach provide a highly personalized experience and unsurpassed results.
Twenty years of experience is evident in every mommy makeover Dr. Shuster performs. His degree of detail, subtlety, and naturalness makes the mommy makeover noticeable, but never obvious.
Like other surgical procedures Dr. Shuster performs, it is beautiful results that have gained him a reputation for excellence throughout Florida. To see his results for yourself, please visit our mommy makeover before and after gallery.
A Personalized Approach
During the consultation, Dr. Shuster takes into account your breasts and abdominal areas, how they relate to the rest of your body, and your personal goals so that he can design an individualized plan to revitalize your figure.
Dr. Shuster performs his surgeries at Memorial Regional Hospital South. His team has been performing mommy makeovers with him for over 14 years, and he has chosen them based on their excellence and expertise.
What You Need to Know
- What Is a Mommy Makeover?
- Who Is a Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
- Your Mommy Makeover Procedure
- Recovery after a Mommy Makeover
- How Long Do Mommy Makeover Results Last?
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a combination of surgical procedures designed to target areas of the body typically affected by pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. The actual procedures involved can vary depending on your unique needs and goals.
The most common procedures included in a mommy makeover are:
- Tummy tuck: A tummy tuck allows Dr. Shuster to flatten the stomach, remove excess, sagging skin, and tighten loose abdominal muscles. Pregnancy often stretches out the skin and muscles of the abdominal area, and a tummy tuck is often the best way to address these concerns.
- Breast Augmentation: This procedure utilizes breast implants to improve the size and shape of the breasts. If your breasts have deflated and lost volume after breastfeeding, breast augmentation may be a good choice for you. Dr. Shuster specializes in transaxillary breast augmentation, which avoids a visible scar on the breasts.
- Breast Lift: A breast lift addresses sagging breasts. If your breasts have started to sag significantly and your nipples have started moving downward, you may benefit from a breast lift.
- Liposuction: Liposuction removes small areas of excess, unwanted fat. After having children, many women end up with areas of fat that they can’t seem to get rid of even with diet and exercise. Liposuction can help remove these areas and improve your body contour.
Dr. Shuster will work together with you to find the best combination of treatments to achieve your goals. He has helped many mothers regain a beautiful, shapely figure, and he will use his decades of experience and artistic eye to tailor your mommy makeover to your specifications.
Who Is a Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
The best candidates for a mommy makeover are women who want to restore a slimmer, shapelier body after having children. In addition, mommy makeover candidates:
- Do not smoke
- Are in good general health
- Are finished having children
- Have already lost most of their baby weight and are at or near a healthy, stable weight
- Are done breastfeeding and do not plan to breastfeed again
It’s also important to wait at least six months to a year after childbirth before considering a mommy makeover. This is because right after having a child, your hormones are still acting up and you may still be breastfeeding, which can affect your final results as your body is still going through changes.
Your Mommy Makeover Procedure
Mommy makeovers typically take anywhere from four to six hours to perform. You will be under general anesthesia, and may wish to stay overnight in the hospital. Dr. Shuster performs all mommy makeovers in the hospital to ensure your safety.
Since a mommy makeover involves extensive surgery, there will be a scar. The extent of the scar will depend on the specific procedures you have done. For instance, a breast lift requires longer incisions than a breast augmentation alone.
Dr. Shuster has extensive experience performing mommy makeovers, and he uses advanced techniques that help ensure favorable healing. He always places incisions as inconspicuously as possible, and most patients end up with scars that are both faint and well hidden.
Recovery after a Mommy Makeover
Mommy makeovers involve significant surgery and they do require a good amount of recovery time. You should be able to take at least a week, preferably two, off from work. You should also make sure that you have help and assistance with childcare. During the first week of your recovery, Dr. Shuster wants you to be a total diva. Let your loved ones take care of everything around the house while you rest and heal.
We’ll give you prescription medications to help with discomfort after your surgery. Rest, relax, and limit your activity levels for two weeks. Walking around is good, but don’t perform any strenuous activities or do any heavy lifting (including lifting a small child).
Typically by three to four weeks, you should be able to resume all of your regular, daily activities.
Help ensure a smooth mommy makeover recovery by following these tips:
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
- Walk around to encourage blood circulation, but don’t overexert yourself
- Follow all of Dr. Shuster’s post-operative instructions
Don’t hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions or concerns during your recovery. We’re here to help, and we’d rather have you call us with a question than try to research the answer online and potentially complicate your recovery.
How Long Do Mommy Makeover Results Last?
The results of a mommy makeover are permanent, as long as you lead a healthy lifestyle and maintain a stable weight. If you gain a significant amount of weight or get pregnant again, you may compromise your results.
A mommy makeover does not interfere with your ability to have children or breastfeed. However, we strongly encourage you to be finished building your family before undergoing the procedure. If you are planning to have more children, we will recommend that you wait before having your mommy makeover since future pregnancies will result in the same changes to your body that are being corrected by your procedure.
Having a mommy makeover is an investment in yourself, and we encourage you to treat it as such. Maintain your results by:
- Leading a healthy lifestyle that includes a good diet and regular exercise
- Finding an exercise routine that you enjoy doing – you’ll be more likely to keep it up if you don’t hate your routine
- Finding healthy ways to reduce stress
Schedule Your Complimentary Mommy Makeover Consultation
If you would like a complimentary consultation with Dr. Shuster for a mommy makeover, we welcome you to contact our office. We serve patients in Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, and other nearby areas of South Florida. For patients who are out of town, we can schedule a virtual online consultation with Dr. Shuster.