Everyone has unique and beautiful facial characteristics that make them one of a kind. Over the years, these features may gradually begin to change as they start to show signs of aging. Dr. Shuster’s goal with a facelift is to maintain each patient’s unique traits while refreshing their appearance in the most natural way possible. A Shuster facelift never changes the way you look – it simply refreshes.
The Dr. Shuster Approach
Serving Fort Lauderdale, Miami and South Florida
Dr. Shuster combines his 20 years of surgical experience with the expertise of top beauty industry experts in order to rejuvenate the face in the most inconspicuous manner. His innovative Stealth Lift method enables him to provide the most refined results while ensuring there are minimal signs of having had surgery.
In order to achieve these results, Dr. Shuster spends a great deal of time studying each patient’s unique facial anatomy and structure. This personalized approach and meticulous attention to detail is what allows him to completely individualize each facelift procedure.
Dr. Shuster will identify each area of concern and refresh them while taking care to preserve their natural beauty. This may include:
- Elevating areas that have descended
- Repositioning soft tissue over the cheekbones
- Smoothing out jowls to restore a defined jawline
- Tightening visible neck bands for a smoother appearance
As time passes, some women will lose facial volume and the facial soft tissue becomes thinner. For these women, Dr. Shuster may also replenish lost facial volume through fat transfer to areas that need it. During this procedure, fat is harvested from a donor site in another region of your body and strategically reinserted in targeted areas of your face in order to enhance facial rejuvenation.
Depending on his thorough assessment, Dr. Shuster may recommend a less invasive mini facelift, a mid facelift to target the middle third of the face, or a full facelift to address laxity of the soft tissues in the face and neck.
“I recently had a full face lift and brow lift done by Dr. Shuster. I look in the mirror every day and am thrilled. The result exceeds all expectations.”
A Few Facts About the Facelift
- Facelifts are often performed in conjunction with eyelid surgery, a brow lift, or natural lip enhancement to provide the most rejuvenating effect.
- Facelift patients can usually return to work after one to two weeks, depending upon occupation.
- A facelift can be performed either as an outpatient procedure or with a stay in the hospital.
The Dr. Shuster Difference
Dr. Shuster is a third-generation, board-certified plastic surgeon. His expertise, attention to detail, and patient-centered approach provide a highly personalized experience and unsurpassed results.
Dr. Shuster’s 20 years of experience are evident in every facelift he performs. His degree of detail, subtlety, and naturalness makes the facelift noticeable, but never obvious.
Like other surgical procedures Dr. Shuster performs, it is beautiful results that have gained him a reputation for excellence throughout Florida. To see his results for yourself, please visit our facelift before and after gallery.
A Personalized Approach
During the consultation, Dr. Shuster will take into account the entire facial anatomy as well as each patient’s goals so he can design a customized plan to best refresh and rejuvenate your unique appearance.
Dr. Shuster performs his surgeries at Memorial Regional Hospital South. His team has been with him for over 14 years and he has chosen them based on their excellence and expertise.
What You Need to Know
- What Is a Facelift?
- Who Is a Good Facelift Candidate?
- Your Facelift Procedure
- Types of Facelifts
- Recovery After a Facelift
- How Long Does a Facelift Last?
What Is a Facelift?
A face lift is a surgical procedure for rejuvenation of the face and neck, and it is performed to restore a youthful appearance. It is a common misconception that a facelift addresses the entire face, including the eyes and brow. In fact, the purpose of a facelift is to restore the appearance of the lower half of the face and neck. If the entire face is to be rejuvenated, the procedure can also incorporate:
- An eye lift, which is performed to eliminate signs of aging around the eyes
- A brow lift, which can restore a more youthful appearance in the forehead region
These procedures can be easily combined with a facelift in order to achieve the most comprehensive results.
Full facelifts are typically most appropriate for patients in their 50s or older, although younger patients may benefit from a mini facelift or mid facelift. The most important thing to consider when looking at a facelift is the quality of the skin, not the patient’s age.
During your consultation, Dr. Shuster will examine your features, listen to your concerns, and let you know what type of procedure he feels will best get you the results you want.
Who Is a Good Facelift Candidate?
The best candidates for a facelift are men and women who have developed loose, sagging skin in the mid-face, jawline, and neck. Jowls, turkey neck, and sagging cheeks can often be beautifully corrected through a facelift.
In addition to having sagging skin, good facelift candidates:
- Do not smoke
- Are in general good health
- Have realistic expectations
- Are eager to maintain results through sun protection and good skin care
Dr. Shuster does not take facelift patients who smoke. You will need to be able to quit if you are a smoker and want to undergo a facelift. We recommend using your desire for a facelift as a catalyst to help you quit for good.
Your Facelift Procedure
Dr. Shuster performs all facelifts in the hospital, as he feels a hospital setting is the safest and most appropriate. He is on the medical staff of both Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood, FL and the Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach.
The facelift procedure typically takes 3 hours, and you will be under general anesthesia. Dr. Shuster will make a very inconspicuous incision along your hairline and ear, through which he is able to reposition facial and neck muscles and tissue. He will also remove excess skin in order to create a smooth, tight neck and jawline.
Your scars will be well hidden and barely noticeable over time. Dr. Shuster has extensive experience finding the best location for the incisions and using techniques that result in scars that are practically invisible.
Types of Facelifts
Facelifts, like our patients, are unique. There is no one universal facelift procedure that works for everyone, so Dr. Shuster takes care to study each patient’s individual facial anatomy in order to address specific concerns. This individualized approach allows Dr. Shuster to tailor the procedure just for you and rejuvenate your features in the most natural way.
Dr. Shuster specializes in several types of facelifts that he customizes for each patient:
- Mini Facelift: A mini facelift, also known as an S-lift, is less invasive than a traditional facelift and has a shorter recovery time. This procedure is ideal for someone who is just beginning to notice deep lines or sagging skin and wants to nip it in the bud.
- Full Facelift: A full facelift is the best procedure for people who have laxity in both the soft tissues of the face and neck. While the incision for a full facelift is longer than a mini facelift, it allows for much more thorough results.
- Mid Facelift: A mid facelift targets the triangular area between the eyes down to the corners of the mouth. This procedure is popular among patients in their 30s and 40s, and is a shorter surgery with a shorter recovery time.
- Stealth Lift: A Stealth Lift is a versatile procedure that restores a younger appearance while emphasizing natural results in the least conspicuous manner possible. Each facelift Dr. Shuster performs is a Stealth Lift, as he always takes the time to ensure natural results with an inconspicuous scar and no telltale signs of having had “work” done.
Recovery After a Facelift
After your facelift, you’ll need to take some time to rest and recover. Most of our patients take one to two weeks off of work. You’ll have some discomfort and a sensation of tightness, but we will prescribe medications to help you through it. You’ll also experience some swelling and bruising.
Dr. Shuster recommends that patients sleep on their back with their head elevated for several days following surgery. Ice compresses on the cheek and a low-sodium diet will help with swelling.
To help make sure your recovery is as smooth as possible, you should:
- Follow all of Dr. Shuster’s post-facelift instructions
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet
- Avoid strenuous activity, but walk around as much as you can
- Have someone to help with housework for the first week
While there will be swelling and bruising, recovery after a facelift is typically fairly easy. If you have questions or concerns during your recovery, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Dr. Shuster.
How Long Does a Facelift Last?
The results of Dr. Shuster’s facelifts last a very long time. While a facelift does not stop the aging process. a facelift does significantly turn back the clock on your appearance. Unfortunately, there is no way to stop the effects of time and gravity entirely. However, after your facelift, you’ll always look younger than if you hadn’t had the procedure. The length of time your results will last also depends on the quality and texture of your skin.
You can prolong the effects of your facelift through:
- Using sun protection on a regular basis
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Following a good skin care routine at home
Most patients find that they can enjoy the benefits of their facelift for 10 to 12 years before starting to notice the effects of age creeping back in. At this point, some patients may consider a second facelift.
Learn More About Facelifts
If would like to have a complimentary facelift consultation with Dr. Shuster, please feel welcome to contact our office. Dr. Shuster can determine which options will be of the most benefit for you. We serve patients in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and throughout South Florida. Virtual, online consultations are available with Dr. Shuster for out of town patients.