If you have large, heavy breasts that cause you chronic pain and posture issues, a breast reduction using liposuction can help relieve your discomfort and leave you with a graceful, proportionate physique. Unlike other breast reduction methods, Dr. Bernard Shuster’s liposuction technique has a much quicker recovery and a few other notable benefits.
Breast reduction with liposuction has many advantages over traditional breast reduction surgery, including:
- Minimal scarring: Most forms of breast reduction surgery require incisions around the areola, which results in noticeable scarring. With liposuction, Dr. Shuster makes a 6-millimeter-long incision in a natural crease under the breast, leaving scars that are nearly invisible.
- Reduced loss of nipple sensation: Since other breast reduction surgeries require an incision around the nipple, there is a risk of losing some sensation after the procedure. When liposuction is used to reduce the volume of your breasts, the loss of nipple sensation is minimized.
- Faster procedure: Traditional breast reduction surgery can take up to three hours to perform depending on the amount of tissue being removed. In contrast, Dr. Shuster can perform a breast reduction using liposuction in just one hour.
- Quicker recovery: While it may take several weeks to recover from breast reduction surgery, most liposuction patients can return to their normal activities within one week.
- Less invasive: Breast reduction using liposuction is not as invasive as traditional methods. As a result, the procedure is less painful for most patients.
During the liposuction procedure, Dr. Shuster makes a tiny incision under each breast and uses a cannula to remove excess fat. Once he removes a sufficient amount of fat, he closes the incision. The result is a reduction of up to 50% and a symmetrical appearance of the breasts.
Learn More About Breast Reduction Using Liposuction
If you want to reduce the size of your breasts and are interested in minimizing your scarring, contact Dr. Shuster today to schedule a consultation. He can help you achieve a youthful, attractive look that you will love. We welcome patients living in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and throughout the state of Florida.